Yesterday was a soup kind of day and today is no exception. Here is one of my families favorites and guess what, it is all stuff that I keep on hand. I love being able to put my food storage to good use.
- 2 Tbsp. Italian Dressing
- 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen stir-fry vegetables (white onions; sliced green, red and yellow peppers) I prefer using fresh and cutting them up myself.
- 1 can kidney beans drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked (Sometimes I will throw in a ravioli pasta)Directions:
- Add the Italian dressing to your pan like you would some cooking oil. Brown your sausage, stirring occasionally to break into small pieces. Drain and then add your vegetables. If you are using fresh make sure to brown them.
- Add your broth, beans and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Stir in your pasta and simmer until the noodles are soft. Serve with cheese on top.
- I really like making soup mid morning and throwing it into my crockpot until dinner time. Be sure to not add the noddles until later if you plan on doing the same.
This dinner ended up costing me less than $4.00 and my family loved it!