Here are a couple tips I have for when you do check out with coupons:
1. After you scan the coupon and you stick it in the "coupon slot" BLOW hard on the slot. Self checkout machines have to actually WEIGH the coupon before it lets you scan the next item. For some reason when I blow on the coupon it detects it much quicker.
2. Be sure that you are NOT using expired coupons
3. Be sure that you are buying the size the coupon specifies
4. Be sure that you are only using one coupon per item
2. If I need a rain check they will write it for me right then
3. I make FRIENDS with the employees. I promise it makes shopping a much easier experience. Read about my making friends tips here.
4. If there is a problem, like I didn't get all 10 items, or there is an unadvertised deal, there is someone there to help me.
5. If I have an item for a FREE item it makes the checkout process smoother
6. I don't like to check out with an entire cart full of groceries using self checkout. I like to think of the self checkout lane is for those who only have a couple items.
7. The people that are in front of me using self check out usually have problems, making the checkout time EVEN longer