Screamin Coupons- All of Our Readers who Sign Up Through Us Get a $5 Sign Up Credit!

What Do I Need to Get Started?

Thursday, June 25, 2009 |
"What do I need to get started on this whole "Grocery Smarts" thing?"
The answer is simple! Sunday's newspaper!

You'll want a subscription to the paper so you can get all those coupons in the paper! The only day of the week the manufactures coupons come in the paper are on Sundays. The only place to get them is in Sundays paper. The awesome news is that Grocery Smarts can get you the best deal possible on papers.
At my home each week I receive 4 Sunday papers, one per person in my home. People always ask me, "What in the world are you going to do with all that extra paper." I have neighbors who enjoy getting a free paper from me, one lady told me she uses it as compost in her garden, but my favorite thing to do is donate them to the local elementary schools recycling bins. They get paid for the paper by the pound so I dump my papers there every other month or so.
After I bring the papers in on Sunday all I do is pull out the coupon inserts. The coupon insert schedule is over on the right hand side of this blog. You can see from Jan-Dec exactly what coupons you will get what weeks.
There are 3 main types of inserts:
1) Proctor and Gamble (P&G)- These coupons come once a month. They are Proctor and Gambles own coupons; Pampers, Mr. clean, Herbal Essence, etc.
2) Smart Source (SS)
3)Red Plum (RP)
SS and RP are just companies that print the coupons. One week you might see Tree Top applesauce coupons in SS and the next month in RP. There is no rhyme or reason to them. They just print the coupons.
By getting a paper subscription there are benefits too:
  • You don't have to get out of bed at 7am to run down to the gas station to make sure you'll get your papers
  • If an insert is ever missing out of a paper (it happened to me for the first time last week) you just call the paper and let them know. Monday they brought me my missing RPs. If you get your paper at the gas station and the inserts are missing, most times it because someone took them, there is nothing to do. It's sad but a reality.
  • When you go on vacation you can put your subscription on hold
  • It helps keep Grocery Smarts lists and classes stay FREE
  • It's cheaper to get a subscription than it is to buy the papers individually
  • It also helps the newspapers stay a float in a struggling economy

If you are ready to get started just give me a call and I can help you get the paper at an amazing rate!

People ask, "Does the cost of the paper really outweigh the savings?"

Without a doubt, YES! Check out my monthly savings report cards here!

For all of you that have newspaper subscriptions would you says it's been worth it?????

The only other thing you'll probably need is a place to keep those coupons! You can read my post here about how to organize the coupons. Don't worry, its not a binder with baseball card holders!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home