Screamin Coupons- All of Our Readers who Sign Up Through Us Get a $5 Sign Up Credit!

Mega Event at Smith's

Thursday, October 29, 2009 |
Last night I ran into Smith's to check out the new sale. I had way too much fun! I ended up with:
4 packets Bumble Bee Tuna
2 Duncan Hines Frosting's
9 boxes of Kleenex
8 cans Carnation evaporated milk
2 cans of Del Monte Tomatoes
3 bags Nestle Baking Chips
4 boxes Swiss Miss hot chocolate
6 Gatorade Drinks
2 Ghiradelli Brownie Mixes
2 Krustez Pancake Mixes
7 Aussie Hair Products
8 bags of Halls Cough Drops
2 bags Ricola Cough Drops
12 Right Guard Deodorants
8 Sure Deodorants
4 King Size Special Dark Hershey Bars
2 Carmel Apple Dips
1 Sour Cream
3 Hormel Pepperonis
4 boxes Cheez Its
2 bags Chex Mix
2 bags Fritos
6 bags Lays Potato Chips
4 Playtex Gloves
2 gallons of milk
1 bag beef jerky
1 loaf of bread
1 bag of apples
3 gallons of milk
4 7ups
2 packets enchilada seasoning
1 package Q-tips
2 Motrin's

I have to say I even surprised myself this week. Before my I scanned in my Fresh Value card my total was at $315.67!!!!!! I actually slightly panicked. By time all was said and done my total came to $108.19. I saved $126.76 in coupons alone! I went home to tell my husband jumping up and down. His first comment was that our 4 newspaper for $14 a month had paid for themselves for the almost the entire year in that trip alone.
After I admired my purchases my wheels started turning. I had bought enough deodorant for my husband for the entire year. I had many items to add to my 72 hours kits (hot coco, tuna, and medicine), and I feel totally prepared for the "sick season" with medicine, Kleenex, juice and comfort food.
After I put everything I away I stood back and admired my incredible pantry. It looks immaculate. I feel prepared for just about anything and I cut my budget in half while doing it. It has totally been worth it!
Also, while I was shopping I did manage to find some deals that weren't on the list. In my next post I will list what I found....lots of FREE stuff!

3 comments:

Cristi said...

I love that you posted this! It's nice to see the things you think are worth buying a lot of, sometimes I question with the 4 star stuff.

Mitchell Family said...

No problem. If an item is a 4 star and I see that the coupon is close to expiring I will use it, if it is an item I know I will really wish I had. Another thing with 4 star items is that sometimes the likelyhood of you getting the item at a 4 star is higher than if an item goes on sale for 5 stars. I like buying some items at 4 stars because less people are looking to buy it, therefore it is usually on the shelf. I hope that makes sense =)

Bethany said...

I was told today that the mega sale is a 2 week sale. YOu may have known that but I didn't, just thought I would share!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home