2 containers of Strawberries (on sale at Smith's for $1.50)
- Wash the strawberries and cut in half
- Throw into a bowl and mash them
(Emily's husband isn't a huge fan of chunks in his jam, so Emily tried using the blender and pureeing it, but her jam was a little runny. We both agreed that some chunks are good to have
- Take 2 cups of smashed strawberries and combine them in a bowl with 4 cups of sugar. Yeah, Yeah we know it's loaded with sugar. We told you it was yummy, not low in sugar.
- Mix it up really good and let it it sit for about 10 min, stirring occasionally.
- At the end of your 10 min take a sauce pan and boil 3/4 cup water. Throw in your Sur-Jell pectin and stir for at least 1 min.
- Add the pectin to your strawberry/sugar mixture.
- Mix it up really good until the sugar and pectin are completely combined.
- Pour into containers or jars.
- Let it set out for 24 hours then put it away in the freezer.
The jam can last up to 3 months in the fridge or 1 year in the freezer.