Screamin Coupons- All of Our Readers who Sign Up Through Us Get a $5 Sign Up Credit!

A Lot for Less

Friday, February 19, 2010 |
This weeks A Lot for Less comes from Charlyn. Charlyn and I meet a few months back at a class.

"This is not a usual "a lot for less" but I was able to get this great deal from posts I saw on She Shops Smart.
I needed to get a new infant carseat. I am pregnant with my third but my infant carseat was expiring just a few months after this baby will be born. I did a lot of research and picked a carseat that I wanted. It had great crash ratings and reviews but it was expensive!


I learned about becoming a friend of Babies R US on Facebook from your blog to receive a $5 gift certificate and I also learned about the Trade-in Event at Babies R Us from your blog. Here is the deal I got.

  • I traded in my used Graco Snugride and got a 25% off coupon.
  • I purchased a brand new Chicco Keyfit Carseat.
  • The original price would have been 192.32 with tax.
  • I received my 25% off discount which made the carseat $147.32 with tax
  • I used two $5 gift certificates (my hubby signed up too) from the Facebook promo which made it $137.32.
  • I also used two $25 gift certificates I bought off of Ebay for only $40 which brought it down to $87.32.
  • I had $10.90 from my ebates rebate which brought it down to $76.42.
  • I also earned a $5 rewards certificate to Babies R Us or Toys R Us with this purchase.
  • My total out of pocket (including buying those gift certificates and the rewards certificate I will get) was $111.42.
  • That means I saved $80.90 off or 42% off a carseat I had to buy.
I would have bought this carseat at full price if I had not known of these great deals!


Thanks for the great advice and awesome deals! My $80 saved will buy a lot of other necessities for a new baby.
Charlyn"


Thank you for sharing this with us Charlyn. You are a She Shops Smart pro! That is exactly what we want you to do so that you can save money all around town. Keep it up Charlyn. By the way- Congratulatons on the new baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home