Screamin Coupons- All of Our Readers who Sign Up Through Us Get a $5 Sign Up Credit!

Recipes with sale items.... since winter has returned

Friday, April 2, 2010 |
Good Friday Morning! So, I thought it was supposed to be spring? Why is there like 6 inches of snow in my yard???? With the weather being like it is I laughed when I found this recipe-it just seems fitting- with "snowball" in the name-and I have had a serious sweet tooth the past little while. This week there are lots of great items on sale! Cereal at Smiths being one of those great deals! This week, the recipe I will be trying will use Honey Bunches of Oats. At as cheap as a dollar a box I am willing to try a new recipe! I told myself I will start watching what I eat again on Monday and then my recipes will need to go back to healthy....but until then enjoy :)



CHOCOLATE-DIPPED SNOWBALLS


TOTAL TIME:
45 min.
MAKES:
24 servings

(1 ball per serving)

INGREDIENTS

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter 1 pkg. (10 oz.) marshmallows 5 cups Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds Cereal 1 container (7 oz.) dark semi-sweet dipping chocolate

DIRECTIONS

MELT butter in large saucepan on low heat. Add marshmallows; cook 5 min. or until marshmallows are melted and mixture is well blended, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal. Cool slightly. SHAPE into 24 balls with moistened hands. Place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet; cool completely. HEAT dipping chocolate as directed on container. Dip top of each ball in chocolate; return, dipped-side up, to baking sheet. Refrigerate 15 min. or until chocolate is firm. Cover and refrigerate remaining dipping chocolate.

TIPS & SUGGESTIONS

Variation: These treats taste great when made with any flavor of Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home