Screamin Coupons- All of Our Readers who Sign Up Through Us Get a $5 Sign Up Credit!

Cupboards too Full?

Thursday, November 12, 2009 |
Being close to Thanksgiving I must say I am so thankful this year for my full cupboards of food. I got home from the store last night and had to do some major rearranging to make the things I purchased fit. If your cupboards are very full as well, or if you have items that you wont be able to use before they reach expiration dates, keep in mind the food banks are always looking for donations. If there are items on the Grocery Smarts list that end up being free sometimes I will pick them up, even if its not something my family likes. I am then able to donate things without even having to pay for them. How cool is that- I get to help someone else just by using coupons! I love it. Many grocery stores have donation boxes for the food banks that you can just drop items off in. This makes it even easier!

Click here for a link to the Utah Food Bank to see what items they are currently in need of.
Click HERE for a list of Smiths Stores that serve as drop off locations.

If you don't have a Smiths nearby click HERE to see a list of Food Pantry and Regional Food Bank County Listings

Lots of the items they are currently in need of are things that are on sale or have been in the past weeks. I love that by using coupons I am able to not only save money for my family but help other people without feeling any financial burden from doing so.


1 comment:

Janet said...

Thanks for posting this. We have had to use the food bank in the past and have been extremely grateful for the donations made by other people! Sometimes it's not just strangers you are helping; sometimes it's the family right down the street that, for one reason or another, are having a really bad month and can't quite make ends meet. Every single donation made is extremely appreciated :) Thanks again for your great website and tireless efforts to help us all save money!!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home