Screamin Coupons- All of Our Readers who Sign Up Through Us Get a $5 Sign Up Credit!

Generic vs. Name Brand

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 |

Before I started using coupons my entire pantry and fridge were full of generic brand items. Whenever I compared prices of the items while I was shopping, the generic brands appeared to cost much less than the name brand items. I quickly learned that generic brand items are NOT less expensive when you use coupons the right way.

By using coupons when an item is on sale I am ALWAYS buying name brand items for much LESS than generic brands.

Here is a great example from this week:
  • Western Family Evaporated Milk, 12 oz. is on sale at Macey's for $0.68
  • This week at Smith's I used my coupon for Carnation Evaporated Milk, 12 oz because it was on sale for and I only paid .24 cents vs. the .68 cents I would have paid for the Western Family brand.
Generic brands quickly began to vanish from my kitchen and were replaced with name brand items and for half the cost! I no longer wondered if the generic items, I was purchasing to save money, tasted as good as the name brand items I wished I could have afforded. I have learned to appreciate name brand items and am glad that I can buy the highest quality of foods for so much less. Have you started to notice the change in your kitchens too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home