Screamin Coupons- All of Our Readers who Sign Up Through Us Get a $5 Sign Up Credit!

Whats for Dinner and How to Organize your Recipes

Wednesday, October 7, 2009 |
What is for dinner tonight?


Apple Chicken
Recipe from Vocal Point
1 chicken (3 1/2 lb), quartered and skinned (reserve wings and giblets for another use)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 med tart apples, cored and chopped
1/2 cup roughly chopped dried apple rings
1/4 cup apple juice
2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp honey
Preheat oven to 350ºF.Place chicken pieces in a 13" × 9" baking dish or casserole, and season with cinnamon, nutmeg, and pepper. Sprinkle fresh and dried apple pieces on top. In a cup, stir together apple juice, soy sauce, and honey, and pour evenly over chicken.Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover, spoon sauce over chicken, and bake 15 minutes longer, or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part registers 170°F and juices run clear. Serve chicken with apples and pan juice.
Makes 4 servings
I am going to tweak the recipe a little and using chicken breast and throw it into my crock pot. Yummy!


Do you ever wonder how to keep all the recipes that you find organized? At least once a week I run into a new recipe that I print off and file away. I use the term file loosely =). Most times I end up printing it off and shoving it on top of the recipe shelf in my closet. You should see how unorganized I am. It seems like finding a recipe when I want to make it is impossible. Not to mention they fact that if I try to grab one, the whole stack falls down on me.


Here are a few solutions I have found in helping me keep my recipes organized:


  • Shutterfly's Photo books. Each year at Christmas time we give one to our parents with all the years events documented and photographed. Let me tell you, it is no easy task. The book usually ends up being 100 pages. One of these years I am going to get around to making one for myself. This year when I started working on them I noticed they have a recipe photo book. The idea is excellent. The only problem I saw with it is what would I do with all the NEW recipes I want to add to it. My hubby suggested making a new "volume" every year. Good idea! I also thought this would make a GREAT gift for families who enjoy sharing recipes. Have everyone submit a couple favorites in each category and you have a nice family gift.

  • Another great program I found was EZ recipes. It is an application that lets you search for, and save recipes. It Comes pre-loaded with dozens of recipes. You can also import your own favorite recipes. You can download the software for FREE right now. As you find new recipes you can type them into your account. You can add pictures to your recipes, nutritional info, where you found the recipe and notes to each one. After you put them into your account you can eventually search by ingredient, meal type, serving size, and recipe name. It is super easy to use and it will eliminate all the crazy piles I have of loose recipes. Now when I find one I will add it to my account and rate it. No more printing of recipes and wondering where I found it or where I left it =). * Note- When you download the FREE application, here, be sure to skip all "extra" offers they list. The first time hit agree, then hit decline at the bottom until you reach the last page.
I am excited to get organized. It must be an organizing kind of day. Do you have another way to organize your recipes. Share them! We would love to hear all the ways you keep organized!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home